Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A week at the seaside

I've been on the road a lot lately. My husband's grandfather passed away at 96 (which is a damned good run these days) aand we drove up to Pittspurgh for his funeral service. Our old man was Catholic and, true to every stereotype, the Diocese sent us a hung over Polish priest for his service. The humorous irony made the event a little more bearable. The next day it was off to Bucks County, PA for my niece's birthday and then off to the New Jersey coastline for a week of R&R.

My week looked something like this: A great blur of seaside humanity. The place we go to is a dry town, so it's loaded with families with kids (many of the stroller set) and very few drunken co-eds. I quite enjoyed the breather before buckling down to the last-minute holiday prep season.


No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.