Thursday, March 31, 2011

safari toss - and oh, yes, it's snowing!

I really have been committing acts of fiber art lately, in between watching the news, my day job and planning elementary science experiments. My latest finished piece (we're going to ignore the pile of flimsies glaring at me from the corner) is a simple solid block top, featuring cartoon sub-Saharan wildlife. I used a topstitched binding, which I think works well with the straight-line grid quilting. The top is alternating dark and light blocks of the same fabric lne. The backing and binding is a dark lime green with brown jacks and marbles (or stars and moons):

(Finished size is 31" x 38" - available in my shop here) And, that's right, just because we've had the spring equinox doesn't mean we can't have a little more snow. Thankfully peas, at least, don't mind sprouting under snow:

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.