Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Candy Corn Quilt top

Do you ever start something with your stash and then wish you had more stash? Sometimes I envy those organized people who start out with a detailed plan of their finished quilt and buy enough fabric to make it happen.

Me, I am a lot like my quilting hero Lisa Boyer, whose artistic direction is often expressed as "what fabric do I feel like cutting up today?"

Sunday, I wanted to cut up something orange or something yellow. Fortunately my stash provided me two lovely coordinating shades each of yellow and orange. How fortuitous was that, I ask you.

This is the result:

What is sad about all this is I do not have enough of this fabric to make it any larger, and this is one of those pieces that really demands to be about 35" x 50" and be thrown across the back of my futon and draped across my legs while I watch 'Last of the Summer Wine' on PBS with a cup of tea and a pair of scones on a Tuesday afternoon.
I guess I am just going to have to go to the fabric store and buy another half-yard each of two shades of yellow and orange and make a whole 'nother one!
Oh yes, and I plan to quilt it in white thread to totally overkill the 'candy corn' theme!

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.