Sunday, July 3, 2011

Friendship block in Progress

A friend of mine is getting married next month and I'm working on this for her quilt:

She's a very hip and modern chick, so I've taken the traditional frienship block and blown it all out of proportion - the block shown is usually set at a 12" finished block, for persective that would make the center pebbled fabric 4" square. In my case the finished block is nearly 28", with the center motif being 9" square. Oh yea, I do like those great big blocks!


And since it's too bloody hot to go outside (specifically 89 degrees F with 49% humidity - that's right half of the air molecules I might try to walk through are water) I've gone to the old standby of the small-space quilter and taken my sample photo hanging from my shower rail!

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.