Thursday, January 22, 2009

Jennifer Maestre - frickin' awesome

So, I wrote a little while back about how I excel at wasting time on the internet - I mean, what else am I supposed to do with my un-gainfully-employed self? And I was directed, via the filtering service known as the Etsy Treasury, to JenMaestre via this pendant:


And I looked at it and I though 'Eh, whatever. I mean it's clever and how does she do it, but it doesn't inspire the kind of lust that makes me wish for a bigger allowance. What else has she got?'



And then I discovered this:

I'm not just geeking poetic because I love sea urchins (although I do) - there's just something so unbeleivably cool about a little lump of points. If I could see more than one square inch of my desk at a time, I'd seriously think about getting one (well, space and my allowance are both issues).

Her portfolio website at http://www.jennifermaestre.com/ is filled with even more incredible pieces, pieces whose little thumbnails don't do them justice, especially the hive - which you totall want to stick your hand into even though you know you shouldn't!
I don't even have a window sill clean to put an urchin on. Maybe this will inspire me to get organized (and that's some potent sculpture that can accomplish that feat!)

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.