Monday, March 18, 2013

Events update 2013

Hello, again!  I have a fairly exciting Spring Season Scheduled, including:

The 9th Annual Fell's Point Privateer Festival: 


The Privateer Day Festival is a fabulous event - and is not just rum and pirates!  The event takes over Admiral Fell's point and events include:  a War of 1812 discovery area at the Broadway Pier, Family Friendly urban pirate treasure hunt and free children's craft areas at Ann Pier, and (my personal favourite) a Golden Age of Piracy - roughly 1700-30 living history encampment at Thames Street.  (Please note both the encampment and all areas of the Privateer Festival are weapons-free events and no smoking is permitted at the encampment or in the vendor booths - even replica weapons and pipes are not allowed!)

I will, of course, be vending my altered Pirate Flag quilts at Privateer Day.  Calico Jack will be there and I'll be debuting new quilts featuring the standards of Ed Lowe and Captain Jack Sparrow, the most famous pirate who never lived.  A limited number of quilts will be available at the show, orders will be taken for quilts to be shipped beginning May 8th.


In June I am fortunate to be invited back to Art Park, the inaugural weekend of LakeFest in Columbia, MD, June 14-16!

I love LakeFest and, for me, it is the unofficial herald of summer.  All the usual suspects will be there: quilts, bunting and a selection of needlework folios in my Well-Versed Purse collection.

See you there!

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.