Monday, February 27, 2012

Tool Talk - Accuquilt Go! 2.5" strip cutter

This is probably contra-indicated by my User's Manual, so it's a good thing I haven't read it yet. I love the trusty nine-patch, but always wind up with a few wonky rectangles with crazy curves from my tension issues. Placing the three-colour strips perpendicular on my 2.5" cutting die solves that problem:

Even better - using 22" strips from a fat quarter yields 8 perfect rows, using the 3-strip cutter: just sew your three strips together, then cut down into two 7.75" sections and lay the two large and one small (6.5") section across the die, run it through the cutter and voila!

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.