Saturday, February 26, 2011

Cupcake Bento Box

I'm working on a Bento Box quilt for my friend's little girl. I originally thought I was going to make something simple, bold and full of screaming pinks. Then I saw the cupcake fabric and all reason went out the window.


This is one half of the block, well technically one-fourth, however it's going to be two of these and two of the cherries-and-sprinkles* in each block. It did not occur to me when I was clutching the cupcakes and running to the cutting counter that I would have to be very careful of their placement or risk having upside down cupcakes. Unless I want a few of them to be right-side up from every angle, then I'll have to be very careful to evenly space a right-side up cupcake in a pleasing patter of one in four in every direction.

I don't think so.

So this quilt will have a definite right-side up with all cupcakes pointing more or less in the same direction.
*or jimmies if your from that part of the world.

1 comment:

Design by night said...

Cupcakes are super cute and very hot this year!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.