Friday, February 5, 2010

BotD - That Dorky Homemade Look

I love this book - it's quirky, it's funny, it speaks to me.

It taught me that my seam ripper is my friend, my overworked and underappreciated friend - the notions version of that girlfriend I could call at 4 am when I finally got discharged from the hospital after eating bad shrimp.

It taught me to name my quilts with common names, like George or Donovan.

It taught me that the lecture circuit is full of donuts. Except in Hawaii.

It reminded me that fashion is fleeting, lifetimes are short and polyester is forever.

I give you, Lisa Boyer: Queen of the Dorky Homemade quilt universe:

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.